Sublime Text macOS
Sublime Text macOS is a sophisticated text editor for code, markup and prose. You’ll love the slick user interface, extraordinary features and amazing performance. Sublime Text 2020 is a super fast and feature-packed text and development editor. If you are going to be coding regularly you want to try this amazing editor (IDE).
Sublime Text macOS
Following some of the great features that make Sublime Text stand out from other code editors:
– Multiple cursors: Once you have discovered multiple cursors you won’t want to work without them anymore. As the name suggests they let you write or edit in multiple places in a document at the same time.
– Vintage mode: Vim keyboard shortcuts will work just like in the original Vim editor. To use them, all you need to do is to enable vintage mode.
– Lightning fast: This is the fastest code editor you will find right now.
– Command pallet: A great feature that allows you to reach about all functions of the editor via the keyboard. You will hardly use your mouse and thus code more efficiently.
– Package control: This add-on let’s you install plugins within seconds directly from the editor.
Sublime Text macOS Features
- Sublime Text macOS Goto Anything. Use Goto Anything to open files with only a few keystrokes, and instantly jump to symbols, lines, or words. Triggered with ⌘P, it is possible to:
- Type part of a file name to open it
- Type @ to jump to symbols, # to search within the file, and: to go to a line number
These shortcuts can be combined, so tp@rf may take you to a function read_file within a file text_parser.py. Similarly, tp:100 would take you to line 100 of the same file.
- Multiple Selections. Make ten changes at the same time, not one change ten times. Multiple selections allow you to interactively change many lines at once, rename variables with ease, and manipulate files faster than ever. Try pressing ⇧⌘L to split the selection into lines and ⌘D to select the next occurrence of the selected word. To make multiple selections with the mouse, take a look at the Column Selection documentation.
- Sublime Text macOS Command Palette. The Command Palette holds infrequently used functionality, like sorting, changing the syntax, and changing the indentation settings. With just a few keystrokes, you can search for what you want, without ever having to navigate through the menus or remember obscure key bindings. Show the Command Palette with ⌘⇧P.
- Sublime Text macOS Distraction-Free Mode. When you need to focus, Distraction-Free Mode is there to help you out. Distraction-Free Mode is full-screen, chrome-free editing, with nothing but your text in the centre of the screen. You can incrementally show elements of the UI, such as tabs and the find panel, as you need them. You can enter Distraction Free Mode using the View/Enter Distraction Free Mode menu.
- Sublime Text macOS Split Editing. Get the most out of your wide-screen monitor with split-editing support. Edit files side-by-side, or edit two locations in the one file. You can edit with as many rows and columns as you wish. Take advantage of multiple monitors by editing with multiple windows, and using multiple splits in each window. Take a look at the View/Layout menu for split editing options. To open multiple views into the one file, use the File/New View into File menu item.
- Sublime Text macOS Instant Project Switch. Projects in Sublime Text Mac capture the full contents of the workspace, including modified and unsaved files. You can switch between projects in a manner similar to Goto Anything, and the switch is instant, with no save prompts. All your modifications will be restored next time the project is opened.
- Plugin API. Sublime Text Mac Download has a powerful, Python-based plugin API. Along with the API, it comes with a built-in Python console to interactively experiment in real-time.
- Customize Anything. Key bindings, menus, snippets, macros, completions and more – just about everything in Sublime Text is customizable with simple JSON files. This system gives you flexibility as settings can be specified on a per-file type and per-project basis.
- Cross-Platform. Sublime Text is available for OS X, Windows and Linux. One license is all you need to use Sublime Text on every computer you own, no matter what operating system it uses. Sublime Text uses a custom UI toolkit, optimized for speed and beauty while taking advantage of native functionality on each platform.
- Release notes were unavailable when this listing was updated.
Sublime Text macOS supported Operation Systems:
macOS 10.9 or later 64-bit