Downie macOS Ever wished you could save a video from the Internet? Search no more, Downie is what you’re looking for. Easily download videos from thousands of different sites.
Downie macOS A simple download manager that offers you the possibility to quickly save videos from different websites to your own disk drive.
f you are using a poor internet connection, trying to visualize videos streamlined online might not work properly since the content is loaded too slowly. Downie is a simple Mac app that can help you download those videos to your computer, and then watch them by using your default media player.
User friendly video downloader featuring support for drag and drop actions
Downie macOS Working with Downie is extremely straightforward: simply drop the video URL on top of the app’s main window or on the Dock icon. Downie adds the video to your downloads list, so all you have to do next is start the process by pressing the appropriate button. Of course, you can also remove items from the list.
By default, Downie downloads MP4 files and places them in your default Downloads folder, but you can easily change this via the Preferences window. The same area allows you to setup notifications, or post processing actions (convert to MP4 if necessary, or extract audio only).
Effortlessly download videos from a wide collection of hosting websites
Downie macOS provides support for more than 400 different websites that host video content, among which there are the most popular choices, such as YouTube, Apple, LiveLeak, Vimeo, BBC, and so on. If a certain website is not included, within the app you can send a request email to the Downie developers.
Moreover, Downie also provides matching extensions for various popular web browsers, such as Firefox, Safari, Google Chrome or Chromium. The add-ons are not installed by default: open the Preferences window and install only the ones you plan to use.
Straightforward solution for downloading video content hosted online
Downie macOS is a great tool for saving videos posted on various websites to your Mac for offline playback. The application is extremely useful especially if you have a slow internet connection.
Downie macOS Features:
- Updated UI – the UI has been revised and updated, offering more options at the tip of the mouse.
- Major speed improvements – several links can now be loaded at once and YouTube videos get prepared for downloads about 6x faster than in Downie 3 (based on time required to process a 30-item YouTube playlist on iMac 27” (2019)).
- Sandbox – Downie 4 is now sandboxed for better security.
- Metadata Improvements – the metadata that Downie gathers can be written into an external JSON file for further custom processing.
- Improved User-Guided Extraction – the UGE window now has history, allows saving favorites and much more.
- Customizable Postprocessing – you can now write your own shell script to handle custom postprocessing.
- Synchronizable History – the history can now be synchronized over iCloud between all your devices.
- Option to Go Menu-Only – the long-awaited ability to run Downie just in the menu bar has finally arrived.
- Much, much more! – many minor improvements, like custom naming schemes, option to force MP4 downloads, better cancellation, priority flags, etc..
– Supports many sites – currently supports over 1,000 different sites (including YouTube, Vimeo, etc.) and the number is rapidly growing.
– 4K video YouTube support – unlike many other YouTube downloaders, Downie supports HD video on YouTube, up to 4K.
– Postprocessing – need your video in MP4 for iTunes? Or want just the audio track? No problem, Downie can handle this for you automatically!
– Quick support – I respond to emails usually within 24 hours and often add support for requested sites in the next update.
– Frequent updates – Don‘t wait weeks for new sites to be supported, or bugs to be fixed! Downie is updated about once a week with new features, sites supported, etc.
– International – not only that Downie supports country-specific sites, it is localized into various languages. If your language is missing, contact us – we can offer you a free license in exchange for a translation.
Downie macOS Supported Operation Systems:
macOS 10.11 or later 64-bit